Thursday, June 01, 2006

One Emabrrassing Experience

Sometimes, when I feel upset, one way to ease my pains is through pigging out. In other words, dinadaan ko na lang sa kain yung sama ng loob ko. This method is, somehow, effective in cheering up myself during down moments especially when I have no one to talk out things with. On the other hand, this emotional pig out is also responsible for the three layered belly I have right now.

After giving my mom the anti-rabies vaccine that I bought, I went straight to an eatery along the highway. I ordered Bacsilog (bacon, sinangag, and itlog), 8 oz. sprite, and extra rice. Despite that I was aware that I would have Daing na Bangus for dinner at home, which is also one of my favorite dishes, I still decided to chow a heavy meal to somehow help myself cope up. That time, I felt disappointed because I failed again to meet that “special person” in my life when my father and I stayed in Manila on May 20 to 21.

After finishing that oily, and fatty “Bacsilog,” I checked my wallet. Shocked I was when I saw that my wallet only got 4 pesos in it. Then I checked my pockets; not a coin or a bill in any of them. I only found the receipt of the vaccine. “Nako po! Paano na to?!,” I asked myself. I was so worried and embarrassed but, thank goodness, I was able to keep presence of mind. I looked at the cashier who was talking over the phone. She looked back and gave me an “are you going to pay your bill” smile. I smiled back. After she put down the phone, slowly I got up from my chair, approached her and said, “Manang, pasensya na po. naiwan ko kasi yung pera ko sa nanay ko. Uuwi lang ako para kunin yung pera at babalik ako para bayaran yung kinain ko.” I asked how much my bill is. It was 50 pesos. However, I sensed that she was in doubt that I’d come back. So to gave her assurance, I left my bag to her.

Since my four pesos was not enough for a tricycle ride, I ran straight to home which was, I think, more than a kilometer from the eatery. Yet, I was having a tough time running. Thanks to my heavy tummy. On my way home, I saw something irritating- two young lovers in a bike doing pa-sweet stuffs. “Bakit sa harap ko pa!” I yelled madly as the lovers passed. People around looked at me like I was crazy. As I reached home, I immediately asked my mom, who’s resting on the sofa, my money. She gave it back to me. I washed my greasy and oily face and rushed back to the eatery. This time I took a tricycle.

As I came back to the eatery, I walked straight to the cashier. I handed her my payment to my bill. Then I apologized about my awkwardness and told her that it would not happen again. “Ok lang yun,” she replied with a smile.

Well the lesson for me here is that I should check my wallet first before I go pig out. Fortunately, I did not decide to do that “emo-eating” at Mc Donald’s, which is just in front of that eatery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home